Saturday, March 31, 2012

My favorite dish- sauteed crabs

My friends know that I am not a picky eater, but if there's one dish I love more than anything, it's sauteed crabs Cantonese style...garlic, scallions, and some black bean with garlic sauce. I don't eat it often, but when I do, it's like I've fallen in love all over again. Today, the supermarket had 6 crabs for $7. To my delight, my mom said she'd make it for me. I tried to help with the prep work though ripping apart the crabs kinda freaked me out, and I was trudging along until my mom came into the kitchen and told me to move out of the way. Honestly, I'd like to thing that if heaven had a flavor, it'd taste like sauteed crabs.

I'm spoiled at home because my mom does most of the cooking. I'd cook more but my mom said she wants to enjoy the food. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Those last 2 sentences gave me a good chuckle! My sister like to get fresh crab here from the boats at Half Moon Bay. Watching her cook the crab in front of me make me sad so I won't eat them. But I'll nibble on some crab if it's served at a restaurant. Yes, I know I'm weird. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely delicious! I'm craving some home cooked hard shell crab dishes that I know I've had before as a child. I might just have to make a call home (Ghana)to ask for a recipe! Beautiful photo! Wish there was a recipe 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can you please share recipe..I'm craving these now!

    ReplyDelete