Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dinner: tomato & egg stir fry and fishball watercress soup

Mom gets home soon. Made dinner and hopes she'll eat it. She's developed an aversion to eating meat so I made up the following dishes, accompanied with quinoa, a rice substitute. My cooking skills are very "meh." Maybe it's because I'm not a picky eater. However, my mother's taste buds are a little bit more refined.

Fishball watercress soup is very simple to make: watercress, ginger, and fishballs. It's sorta like a Chinese person's "chicken soup" -soothing and comforting. Next on the menu is tomato and egg stir fry. I added the eggs after so it didn't turn out as pretty as the picture below. Should have used this recipe before taking a stab at it myself.

Update:  Mom came home from work and was extremely tired. Had to rest before eating and after she ate, went straight to bed. She said the dishes turned out ok, but her lack of appetite makes it difficult for her to enjoy food. Sometimes this is very disheartening to see her so tired and I hope she feels better soon. Spent some time giving her a nice foot rub.

tomato and egg stir fry


fishball and watercress soup

No comments:

Post a Comment