Monday, May 21, 2012

How do YOU feel?

It's nice when people ask me how I'm doing, but honestly, I don't have an honest reply. I'm hanging in there. I'm doing ok. I'm doing the best that I can to stay afloat. I'm trying to make my mom eat. I'm trying to coax her to swallow food before it gets cold. I'm praying for her pain to go away. I'm begging a higher power for a miracle, for her to defy the odds. I'm thinking about how empty I would feel without her here. I'm unable to focus on work. I'm a mess at times, but I'm able to find good moments to focus on. I'm exhausted, but I'm trudging on...and so is my mom.

1 comment:

  1. Well; what you're feeling is exactly what I'd want to hear if I asked. I hope no one takes my comment wrong but it's always about the cancer patient & it should be; but it's very important for the caregiver to feel they are doing a great job (cancer patient may not be able to say it enough) & to give them an outlet to vent if need be. Back when dad was fighting I had a wonderful online support system that sent me a beautiful card as well as a home depot gift card so that I could be a glider to put on my dads porch; so we could watch his garden grow. I was also very fortunate to get praise from the doctors & staff at RWJ. It's easy to get over-whelmed & I was in my 40's.

    ReplyDelete