Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scan results show a mixed response

We got my mom's scan results back. After 3 months of irinotecan alone, my mom's scan shows "mixed response"..some nodes disappeared, some grew, and a few new ones popped up. Dr is going to add Carboplatin in addition to Irinotecan (cycle is once every 21 days, so it'll happen in July since she just got irinotecan this Monday).

In the mean time, Dr, as will me and my brother, will look at trials that may be promising. Dr said to also look at phase 1 clinical trials (the only type she'll most likely qualify for since she's gone through second line, third line chemos).

I'm hopeful that the added drug will aid in shrinking the rest of the disease. More later, just feeling down/numb at the moment. I know it could have been worse and I will continue to have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment