Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Marta

Marta without an h.
A little more than 6 months ago, Marta was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer at the age of 30. Today she is 31. I wish her lots of imaginary cupcakes and cute kittens. (Although I have a confession Marta if you are reading this... I have an unreal phobia of cats and dogs. I hope you will still be my friend.)

I encourage everyone to visit her blog. She talks about what it's like living with such a diagnoses-- the raw emotions, the heartache, the pills and treatments, chemo brain, as well as the good moments we hope can last forever.

Just for a second, think about how you would feel if you were told your time on earth may be limited. It is something no one ever thinks can happen to them, but it happens way too often. Spoken by oncologists and doctors every day.I hope one day cancer can be treated like a chronic condition like diabetes.

Most of all, I hope for many many many many many many many many more birthdays to come.

Happy Birthday Marta!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the birthday shout out, Lana! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete