Monday, October 8, 2012

The Scariest Moment of My Life

On Saturday, my mom threw up. Once at 6am. And then another time at 7pm. I knew I needed to take her to the hospital. I had the bags packed. My mom wanted to brush her teeth before we headed out. I was downstairs when I heard a clang. She fell. She was on the floor, her eyes open, holding the toothbrush, but she was unresponsive. "Mom, are you ok?" No response. She was also trembling. I feared she was going into a seizure or stroke. I ran to call 9-11. Then while on the phone with the operator, my mom regained her strength and said I'm ok. No need to have the ambulance come. But since I already made the phone call, they came. We waited as they approached our house. After gathering the necessary info, my mom walked a few steps and fell/ fainted again. They carried her onto the stretcher and we rode in the ambulance to the hospital. The sirens were screaming. Lights were flashing. And all I could think about was my poor mom.

Now, we've been at the hospital for a few days now. The GI doctor who did the scope said the tumor in the stomach is large and she has several, about 6 spots oozing. He could not cauterize those areas because he said it could make another spot bleed, sorta like "whack-a-mole." My mom got two bags of blood, but she is still very tired. She sleeps most of the day.

I got off the phone with our oncologist who said another GI doctor we know could attempt to cauterize it, but mom needs to be well enough to be released from the hospital. I've also called Sloan Kettering to look at options. I know we're facing the worst, but hoping for the best. I just hope my mom's tumor stops bleeding. My brother's wedding is less than two months away. Please let her regain strength.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete